Join Gaming Leaders for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming Summit, with GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 This coming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Earlier in the night at the Game Awards, Funcom and The Outsiders released new information and gameplay footage about their Rhythm Shooter game – Metal: Helsinger.
Metal: Helsinger is a new Rhythm shooter game that demands that you “go to the beat.” The music in the game is written by Swedish composers Jodi Elvira Bajorkman and Nicklas Hazertberg, with the celebrity guest vocalist heading each song. To add to the gameplay, each track of Metal: Helsinger is engineered with many musical layers so that the better you kill, the more levels of song you play.
Matt Hefey, lead singer for Trivia, released an updated list of metal artists appearing in the game. “I’m excited to announce that I’m in Metal: Helsinger, a rhythm-based shooter game. Make sure you check it out. We also have wonderful skimmer-singers like Alyssa (White-Glues) from Arc Anime and Randy (Bleath) from Lamb of God, “said Hefei.
The full list of artists is as follows.
2nd Annual GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming Summit and GamesBeat: Into the Metavers 2
- Randy Blyth from Lamb of God
- James Dorton from the Black Crown Initiative
- Matt Hefey from Trivium
- Denial and Dennis Lyxzén from INVSN
- Ginger to Tatiana Smileyuk
- Mikel Stein from Dark Tranquility
- Bourne Street from Soilwork
- Alyssa White-Glues from Arc Enemy
With the new trailer, one of the best players on the development team has recorded 3 and a half minutes of raw gameplay footage to give the audience a better idea of the game.
As executive producer Sheila Wickstrom explains, “As this is a new genre for most people, it’s hard to properly imagine the experience from just a 1-minute trailer.” “So one of our team’s best players records a playthrough, and the result is really adrenaline flowing,” she says.
Metal: Hellsinger will be released in 2022 for PC, Playstation 5 and XBox Series S | X.
GamesBeat’s cult while covering the game industry is “where passion completes business.” What does this mean? We want to let you know how important the news is to you – not just as a decision maker in a game studio, but as a sports fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy connecting with it.
How do you do that Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as Deanbeat
- Awesome, educational and entertaining speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Exclusive interviews, chats and “open office” events for members only with Gamesbit staff
- Chatting with community members, gamesbeat staff and other guests at our discord
- And maybe even one or two fun prizes
- Introduction to like-minded parties
Become a member